- 3 Hrs 30 Min
Enjoy a guided insider's tour of Ocala’s working farms and discover why Marion County is the “Horse Capital of the World!”
“Horse Capital of the World” Tour
During the Ocala farm tour, expect a beautiful drive in a Mercedes or Ford van through the heart of horse country, with stops at three locations of approximately 30 minutes each. Throughout the drive, our guides give a background on Ocala’s history. The conversation ranges from why fences are painted black, to Ocala’s rich lime rock base, to how Scotch Tape and Campbell Soup have a lot to do with the development of Florida’s horse industry.
You then see what one of only four major thoroughbred centers in the world is like. Marion County produced American Pharoah, Triple Crown Winner of 2015, Nyquist, winner of the 2016 Kentucky Derby, and other famous horses.
The group’s horse experience can range from people that have never touched a horse in their lives to professionals. You enjoy very close encounters with horses of all disciplines and breeds. Depending on the time of year, you might be sniffed by curious foals, watch potential Kentucky Derby favorites thunder down the track, get nudged for more carrots by a retired earner of $2.8M, or stand in awe of a magnificent stallion.
Book your working farm tour in Ocala fast, as we are a small boutique tour with a maximum of 17 people!
- Tour includes three stops to meet horses up-close and personal
- Meet at The Tack Shack of Ocala at 8:30 a.m.
- This tour travels in a Ford or Mercedes Benz 10-passenger van from farm to farm; leave your car!
- Water is provided
- There is a lot of uneven ground, walking, and standing on this tour, about 30 minutes at each stop
- Wear closed-toe shoes, as you never know what you might step in on a horse farm
- We welcome guests with mobility issues; however, scooters are not permitted on the tour. If you have a walker, we must know in advance. Our guides are not responsible for stowing or setting up walkers
- Getting in and out of the vans may be difficult for some, as there is a big step
- No service animals or pets of any kind for safety reasons of horses and guests. Please contact us or call owner Karen at 352-895-9302 with any questions
- No cars may follow the tour van/vans
- Children are allowed, but we find that kids under 10 tend to get antsy during the drive between farms and not understand all the information about horses we provide. Children must be well-behaved, quiet, not run or climb on fences, and not approach any horses without permission.
Farm Tours of Ocala
The World Equestrian Center, Arena 2
1750 NW 80th Ave
Ocala, Florida 34482